Monday, May 7, 2012

Kiley's birthday weekend

Well, it's official! Our little girl is going to have a birthday tomorrow.  The big 2.  Can't believe that it has been 2 years since our precious baby first met our eyes and my heart melted. Our life has never been the same, I know we would be lost without her.

We have been on the go again.  It's lake season (yay!) and Kiley loves going to see the wawa! and boats! The past two weekends that is where we have been spending our time.  Everytime we load up in the boat she tells me that she needs her jacket and her hat. : ) She wants them on right away! I'm glad she likes wearing her jacket it is so much easier than if I had to fight her everytime we go out on the water.  When Daddy wakeboards she is so concerned that he is in the water.  Everytime he would fall she says, "oh no dada!" and then when we go to pick him up she asks always ask him, "dada, okay?"  She is such a sweetheart. 
 Mommy! BOAT! She gets so excited when she sees a boat go by on the wawa!
 Concerned about her dada being in the wawa.  Asking him, Dada, Okay?  She is so sweet.
Taking control of the boat and driving us around.  At least that is what she thinks she is doing :)

At daycare, Kiley got moved to her new classroom for 2 year olds.  The great news is now everytime she goes to daycare she goes on the potty with no wet diapers.  The bad news is that when I bring her home she wants nothing to do with that potty.  I'm trying to stay consistent with her at home, but what is Mommy suppose to do when she doesn't even sit on the potty?

I also finished Kiley's bedroom, which is now a room for a toddler instead of a baby.  Like Kiley says, "no baby!" If you ask her if she is a big girl she says, "yes!" I worked on her new room for 4 days, but when she saw her new room she was so excited that I didn't even care how long it took!  She said "OH PRETTY!" and gave me hugs and kisses, like I said all that work was worth it to see her beautiful smile. The first night she slept in her toddler bed I was pretty nervous.  If you know Kiley she is a handful and loves to run everywhere.  Laying down in a bed that she can climb out of had me pretty nervous.  To my surprise and glee she slept the whole night in her big girl bed.  She was so excited to go to sleep and has been doing really well with it. 

For Kiley's birthday we did a fun filled birthday weekend.  Friday was Sea World.  She loves animals so this was just the place to take her and I was so excited for her.  They had Elmo there and that is Kiley's favorite! Everything Elmo is a must! She saw Elmo and friends perform and dance, played in the water park area, rode the carousel and saw the dolphins, Shamu, and the fish aquarium.  She loved all of it! Before we even left the parking lot she was sleeping, another successful trip! We drove from Sea World to the lake another one of Kiley's favorite places to be.  She thinks she owns the boat.  Telling Pops and Dada where to drive the boat and sometimes trying to drive the boat all by herself! On Sunday, we went to A&M to watch the baseball game against Tech.  My cousin, Trey was pictching that day so we went to watch him.  Kiley had a blast again although it was very HOT! She got to eat cotton candy and decided she wanted to try my soda at the game.  I gave her a tiny sip and the look on her face was priceless! She spit it out and it looked like she had just sucked on a lemon! Good thing though because she doesn't need to drink soda.  Once the sun came out for good, I put a cap on Kiley and she looked at me and said, "I cute!"  She cheered when everyone else did and did a whole lot of running around!  Once we got home she couldn't have been more ready for bed!



 Cheering Trey on at the Texas A&M game against Texas Tech.  Trey pitched and they won!
I can just hear her in this picture saying "CHEEEESE!"  She would run to the top of the hill say cheese and let me take a picture, then run down to me and say "Okay!"  She is such a silly girl.


Tomorrow is Kiley's birthday! We are having a small get together with cake and gifts.  Until next week, Gig'em & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment