Sunday, September 11, 2011

Testing the Water

So I know it's been a couple of weeks since I wrote another post.  I'm slacking in this department, but have been taking plenty of pictures. 

For Labor Day weekend we went to the lake on Thursday and left Monday.  Kiley had a lot of fun, like always, except for Monday.  My little angel was showing us her "darker side."  Definitely a side that I don't like seeing that often! She was just not having a good day at all - we all have them, but I think it's even worse when the only way she can tell us that she isn't happy is to scream and cry!  Needless to say after Jason wakeboarded after lunch we hit the road and prayed that she would take a nap.  One hour later in the car she finally stopped screaming and gave up! I know she is in the "testing the water" phase and I'm thinking I passed...but I definitely was down to my last rope!  Good thing, that day is behind us.  After Monday, I wasn't too sure how the rest of the week was going to play out, but Kiley was a joy to be around! I guess after you experience the worst day yet for Kiley it can only get better from there for all of us! Hey, at least we weren't in public when this happened! That I can be grateful for...

Saturday, getting ready to go on the boat.

Here, she is pointing for her life jacket and fixing to utter her famous four letter word, "THAAAAT!"

Being silly!

This past weekend we made it back to the lake and spent Saturday with GiGi (my grandma).  Kiley is getting really great at taking naps - a huge relief and accomplishment for Mama! Patting myself on the back : ) - looks like patience can pay off.  So on Saturday, we hit the lake in the morning once GiGi got there and did some wakeboarding and water skiing.  After lunch, Kiley took her nap which lasts about an hour to two hours and she was ready to go again! If you don't know already, Kiley has always been a great sleeper for us at night, sleeping about 12 to 14 hours, but the naps well, not so much.  So I finally told myself that I was going to put her in her crib and let her cry it out.  Afterall, Mama knows best! Sure enough, now when I put her down for a nap around 1:30 she cries for about 5 minutes and then before I know she is sleeping! Makes everybody's day a lot easier and happier when Kiley gets her rest!

Her hair is growing so fast!

A great picture of Kiley and her GiGi!

Dancing before we load up to go out on the lake.

She loves to watch her Dada wakeboard. 

Kiley having an in depth conversation with her GiGi.  What she is saying? Nobody knows!

Today, we got back home in the aftrnoon and I decided to take Kiley out in the front yard and get camera trigger happy! I love taking pictures of Kiley and she loves smiling for the camera.  When she was a little baby, I always had the camera out for every occassion.  Don't get me wrong I still am taking pictures, but not for special events like I was before.  But I think that because I always had that camera out, there is no way for her to be camera shy.  She is always smiling for the camera and she definitely loves to be the center of attention.  She's not spoiled at all!


Stopping to smell the flower.

I LOVE this photo.  This is how Kiley runs.  She puts her arms behind her back and runs like the wind! So sweet and so cute! It makes my heart melt looking at this picture because it is so Kiley!

Such a big girl. She got on her 4 wheeler all by herself!

She has such long eyelashes and the sweetest little face..love her so much.

This photo makes me smile.  She was trying to put the bark back on the tree.

Thanks for reading and until next week, Gig'em & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment