Saturday, June 25, 2011

Just Hanging Out!

Happy Father's Day Daddy!  It is hard to believe that this Father's Day was Jason and Kiley's 2nd Father's Day together! I was looking at the pictures of Kiley from her last Father's Day and boy does a year change a lot! One year ago she just layed there, being that she was only 1 month old and at that time she didn't give us an attitude if we put sunglasses on her! I would post a picture, but I don't have any pictures saved on this computer from birth to 6 months.

Father's Day was nice and relaxing though.  We spent it at my Nana and Papa's and were back after supper.  We decided that we would go for a walk and ended up stopping at Jason's Grandma and Grandpa's where Kiley showed off how great she can walk! She also demonstrated all day that she loves food.  At Nana and Papa's she got homemade banana ice cream (YUMMO!), 1/2 of a banana, 2 peach kolaches, and a sugar cookie - that also doesn't include her milk bottles and solids she gets regularly in her schedule, all of which she ate! Then when we got to Grandma and Grandpa's she finished her night bottle and had ice cream again to end the day! I'm thinking that she definitely LOVES sweets!

Taking control of the wheel!!


This week I took a lot of pictures of Kiley - most of which involve her eating something! If you are on facebook you probably have already seen these, but I thought I would still share.

Here we were at JW's and Kiley felt that she needed to feed herself.  Before the roll she had already eaten 3 cracker packages and her cheerios along with some of my corn.  Apparently, she was still hungry, because she ate the whole roll too!  Looks like someone is growing..


So Monday night I was combing Kiley's hair after a bath and decided to see if I could put her hair in a ponytail.  Sure enough, it worked! So on Tuesday Kiley sported her ponytail for the first time! She was so proud of it and Mommy kept telling her that she was sooo pretty! Now that Kiley's hair is growing I am starting to enjoy fixing her up everyday with a new hair style!


She loved me telling her that she was a pretty girl! I'm sure you noticed the cheerios on her tray.  I have learned that the only way I can get her hair looking pretty is by feeding her little tummy! She will let me do anything as long she has food!


This is a funny and yet scary picture that Daddy took of Kiley on Thursday! During the summer Alex and Jordan (my cousins) are watching Kiley and they have the magic touch to get her to take a nap during the day.  Why she will take a nap with them and not me is very confusing to me, but anyways, after one of her naps with Alex this is what she looked like! She is yawning in the picture, but she had a 2 hour nap that day so, she was well rested just not completely awake yet.


Today, Kiley and I hung out at the house and had some Mommy, daughter time.  Spending the day with her has really made me realize that she is becoming her own person and has such a loving and outgoing personality! She is always making me laugh and when you least expect it she will come and give you a huge hug and kiss.  Love her so much!


So instead of the ponytail today we tried pigtails! Daddy said that the pigtail look was his favorite! I agree.  She looks so cute and all grown up, but I'm still trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not.  We also tried marshmallows for the first time today and as you can see from the picture, they were a big hit! She even decided to save one for a later snack!

I quickly snapped this picture.  This was during one of those times where she unexpedetly walked up to me to give me a big hug! Miss Loveable!

So many things are going on for Kiley right now! She is walking everywhere, which makes her happy, because she is and always has been Miss Independent! She is also always talking - some things we understand and others we don't! Like I said, she loves food and whenever we eat out and our food comes out she gets soooo excited! The other day I got out her cheetos at the restaurant and she was so excited she couldn't stop pointing and saying "that!"  It was clear that she wanted her snack and by the time she calmed down she had said "that" about 8 times! Her "attitude" is also beginning to develop.  She hasn't said the word "no" yet -thank goodness, but we have learned the word "stop." The doggies love her cheerios and are constantly trying to get the fallen few from Kiley.  She in return looks at them, points her finger and tells them "Stop!." They don't listen, but it sure is cute!

Fourth of July is coming up next week and with that a lot of pictures! Until then though, Gig'em & God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment