Sunday, January 9, 2011

Splish Splash Kiley was taking a bath!

On Saturday our little girl turned 8 months old, as you all probably already know from the pictures I posted earlier this week.  It is so hard for me to believe that it has been 8 months.  Yes, she's getting older and that makes me sad, but at the same time I feel like she has always been a part of our lives.  She makes us a complete family.  Everyday is an adventure with Kiley and she brings such joy to our lives. 

Saturday morning, Kiley woke up around 6:30 a.m., early for our Kiley.  I got myself up, more like dragged myself out of bed, and got ready for the morning.  When I went into the room, Kiley was smiling like always and giggling at something (she laughs at the littlest things, it is so cute).  We had our bottle and then Mommy had to come up with something to do to kill some morning time.  So, I decided that it was time for Kiley to take her first "Splish Splash Bath." What's that you ask? Well, before Saturday we didn't sit in water in our baby tub to take a bath.  Instead we sat on top where there is a sling for newborns.  It is a lot easier for Mommy and Daddy to give a bath this way, but the splish splash way is a lot more fun for Kiley.

At first we weren't sure what to do!

Mommy showed Kiley how to splash in the water and how to play with her fun bath toys! Now we are getting a hang of it!!

...And the fun has began! Water is everywhere, but we are having a blast!


So, 40 minutes later Kiley is still wanting to play in her tub...at least now Mommy knows that Kiley REALLY enjoys the water! Mommy loved the idea afterall, because once Kiley was done splashing in the water, dressed, and had her juice she decided to take a nap.  Not just any nap - 1 1/2 hours! These splish splash baths might just be a daily thing!  If only I had time...Gig em' & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment